Wim Hof Method Unbiased Review 2018 & 2019
Above is a quick intro into the beginning of what I’m up to here reviewing the WHM or Wim Hof Method.
Above is a glimpse into my experience in the ice-bath at the Wim Hof Experience.
Essentially the day rolls like this:
- Register for 30 minutes and find a spot on the floor, first in best dressed
- Introduction and basic yoga
- Wim talking about what he has been up to – fully winging it
- Breathing exercise
- Horse dance
- Ice bath – 2 minutes
Hi there, my name’s Brent Clayton and I’m conducting a review and an experiment on the Wim Hof Method. So if you’re new to Wim Hof, or you’ve just discovered the Wim Hof Method, or like me your friends started doing something with it and that’s how you got exposed to it. I’m gonna run through and give you an objective account of my experience along the way. So that you can be informed on how I found it and how I’m feeling at each step through the process.
So the first thing I wanna cover is how I come across Wim Hof and it was just through some friends telling me about it. And it sounded pretty crazy at the time, thought it might be something in it but not gonna join in at this point and time because more of a hands on guy. So when he came to the city and put on The Wim Hof Experience, I’m like, “How about we just get a ticket and go do that.” Essentially I think it was like 250 bucks or something like that. And my experience with it was, it was a really simple day, it probably could of been done in an hour. But if you’re an enthusiast or you wanted to make the go ask him a question then definitely worth while going. Otherwise, as far as I was concerned I was just wanting to go there and learn what it was about and the components of it.
And the components are the breathing technique, the cold exposure, and stretching or, commitment basically. So as far as attending that. It was good to get exposure to it but so unless so really, really want to make the go himself or ask him a question, it was a pretty drawn out process to learn a pretty simple … you know, experience or whatever. But after that, they then offer you, there’s a 10 week video course and you can also go and down a couple of different things with him at this point and time. I would imagine that will drop off as time goes on just because like all these expeditions and stuff are sold out currently. So you can do the Wim Hof experience which the one that I just did. So it’s just half a day. He just sort of talks a little bit about his experience. They then take you through the breathing and then check you in an ice bath for two minutes, Q and A, then off you pop.
I’ve just signed up for the fundamental video course and the 10 week thing. So I’ll be documenting that as I go on. Also putting video’s of different experiences as I go so that you can have a objective look at something before you do it or engage in it. And you know, I’m not getting any kickbacks or anything like that so it’s gonna be really specific and I don’t talk shit too much so it should be nice and easy to follow along.
So at this point I’m optimistic that there is something in the method. So that’s really good. But I’ll report after each week of the experiment and let you know how I’m tracking and what I’m thinking. That will continue throughout each of the products that I use and if I can go on one of the expeditions in that as well, I will fill you in on that as well.
So I’m Brent Clayton and this is Brent Clayton reviews. If you got any questions or comments check ’em below the video and we’ll continue the convo down there. If you wanna keep up to date with that just subscribe my channel here and give us a thumb’s up if you enjoy the content. Cheers, thanks for tuning in. I’ll see you next time.
So 2 weeks in following the Wim Hof method fundamentals course. Disliking the cold showers but getting through them and starting to notice some positive results. I have been using some bose headphones which I feel are giving me a better meditation type experience towards the end of the breathing practice. Bose Headphones
Hi there. Brent Clayton here. I’m reporting on the Wim Hof fundamental ten week course. So I’m now two weeks in, I’m just going to run you through the first two weeks. What I did, how I found it, and the thoughts and stuff that I’ve sort of had along the way. What you can expect if you do it.
So in the first week here, you start off in the standard breathing technique. You start off with some cold exposure. So really short cold exposure in the shower. I decided to go a bit harder on the old shower and go a few minutes instead of the thirty seconds at the end of the warm one. The first week, I found the breathing a bit of a chore, and I don’t think anyone particularly likes standing in a freezing cold shower. So, yeah. But I was feeling better for doing it. Breathing was a chore. But felt better after doing it. So that’s the first sort of week’s wrap up. Waking up and knowing you’ve got to fit this in at some point. I was doing it early in the morning which seemed to work really well. Do the breathing, jump in the shower, and move on. Do the stretches and that later, which is part of the programme.
The video course itself is quite funny. He’s a pisser of a bloke. He’s more spiritual than instructional. So finished the second week. You get more cold exposure and the retention. So I’ve been able to hold my breath for like, two minutes without a problem. Which is just weird. So definitely something in it.
I’ve just started the third week, which is the energy week. Where the breathing technique changes significantly. It’s awesome. At this point, I’d definitely recommend it. I can’t sort of wait to see what comes in the next few weeks. It’s a simple thing, but you just feel unreal. These last few breathing things felt fantastic. So just the start of the third week, I’ll come back and fill you in and see how I’m going in a couple of weeks. But so far so good. And definitely recommend it.
One thing, actually, is I’ve bought these Bose headphones, which make the whole breathing one on one thing in the course that much better. It’s ridiculous. So I’ll pop a link in below this if you want to go and get a set of them. I’d definitely recommend that.
I’m Brent Clayton. This is Brent Clayton Reviews. I’m reviewing the Wim Hof method and the ten week fundamentals course. If you like this video, give us a thumbs up. If you want to stay up to date with what I’m reviewing and the Wim Hof method, make sure you subscribe to my channel, and I’ll see you soon.
Finishing up with my review on the Wim Hof method, and in particular, the ten week fundamentals course that I’ve just completed this Sunday.
First of all, I’m just going to run you through the stats. So what I did for the ten weeks, and then the top seven things that I found, or observed, throughout the course, that I think are worth passing on to you.
So first of all, the stats. Then I’ll run through the seven findings or suggestions that I have for you if you’re going to go down the path of utilising or incorporating the Wim Hof method within your sort of life.
Out of ten weeks, I’ve had four warm showers out of the ten weeks. So out of seventy days, I’ve four warm showers, but also fired up by a cold shower of at least two minutes. So that started off thirty seconds or whatever, I’m not sure. I started with the minimum of two minutes and then it was at least 16 degrees or less. So not too bad. Yeah. Not a bad sort of effort, anyway. So that’s my stats for the thing. So I stuck to it pretty well. So what I’m trying to get at there is that what I’ve found should be pretty relevant, because I’ve haven’t not done it for a bunch of times or something like that.
- The first thing that I’ve found is that you’ve really got to believe that there is something in it, or that it could potentially work. Something to do with the way your mind works. But you must have a believe in the fact that it may at least work. So that’s the first thing. And when you say, does it work, it depends what you want out of it. I’ve found that it’s just given me a lot more energy. A bit of a state of calm around me, not that I’m not calm, just added a little bit extra to that. So that’s what I wanted, and it worked.
- The Wim hof method and hands clenching during breathing. I found this a bit hard to deal with during the deeper breathing sessions but have researched this, it is called Tetney and is apparently safe but uncomfortable from what I could find
- So the third thing that I’ve found that was really interesting was the alkalinity test. So I did that in whatever week it was, four or six, something like that. And that sort of proved to me that there was something definitely in it. I like cause and effect stuff, and that moved my alkalinity levels to … so I was up at eight instead of sort of sixish or there abouts on the alkalinity scale. So that was a really good finding for me. It helped me with the belief side of things as well. Also, a lot of people around me have caught colds and stuff like that, and I have not. So, I don’t know if that’s had anything to do with it, but just an observation.
- The fourth thing that I’ve found was, I’ve done a bit of meditation practise in the past. This is, honestly if you get nothing else out of it, one of the best way to have a quick sort of 15, 20 minute deep meditative sort of exposure, or whatever. If nothing else, it’s a really good way to get into that and sort of get deep into that. You feel so much more refreshed and stuff after doing a session of breathing.
- For me, once again I’ve mentioned this every time, these headphones, as far as the one on my breathing, music and stuff like that, it just takes it to the next level. I actually took it to work and got one of my mates to have a go at it and he’s like, it’s chalk and cheese when you use that. So that’s been my experience. And another friend of mine as well.
- On the sort of negative side of things, the instruction throughout the ten weeks is pretty vague. It lacks a fair bit of detail. And even when I reached out to support to try and clarify some things towards the end of the ninth and tenth week, they couldn’t really add much more to that. That could be me, I just like to know why I’m doing something. There’s a fair bit of a lack of real detail. Like his references, studies, and all this sort of stuff. And I managed to find one study on it, which that’s fantastic, but the amount of talk about it throughout the fundamentals course. If there is a heap of studies and so on, I think it would be worthwhile, them pointing out that. So you could have some further evidence to back it up and help you with that belief.
- Just to sort of wrap it up, I would recommend doing it. I’ve really enjoyed it and continued to. Particularly the breathing side of things. I can’t say I’m enjoying the cold showers until the end of it. But there’s something in it for sure. You just feel fantastic. And the alkalinity thing sticks out. I’ll be continuing to do it? That’ll be it from me for now, but it’ll be interesting to go back and have a look at my first video when I started the ten weeks. And just sort of reaffirm that it’s definitely a thing. And I would recommend it, if you’re sort of looking at it.
I’m Brent Clayton, this is Brent Clayton Reviews. Thanks for tuning in. If you like my video, give us a thumbs up. If you want to keep in touch and stuff like that, don’t forget to subscribe to my channel. Alright. I’ll talk to you soon. See you.